Top 5 Best Traditional Holiday Happenings in Philadelphia
By Marie Scarpulla - Associate Broker Berkshire Hathaway Fox and Roach
Marie's Email: email@example.com - 215-440-2096
Philadelphians love Christmas! Below are 5 Holiday Happenings around our great city! I have been a Philly girl for many years and enjoy this time of year in my town! The lights and sights of Historic Philadelphia make the holidays, in my opinion, the best time to get a taste of this city. Also, see our previous blogs on Top 10 Holiday Light Attractions in Philadelphia and the Top 5 Fireplaces in Philly.
- Macy’s Christmas Light show–
Daily performances feature the Wanamaker Organ thru December 31, at 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Macy’s is closed on Christmas Day.
For History buffs, another Philly First, click for the background of the Wanamaker Organ, the largest playable instrument in the world:
- Christ Church Revolutionary Christmas – December 21 at 7pm.
Candelight tour of the church at 2nd and Market Streets guides visitors through the 1776 experiences of colonial Philadelphia residents.
- Christmas Village at Love Park – open daily thru Christmas Eve.
Visit 80 vendors selling food, ornaments, arts & crafts, and gifts from around the world.
- Philadelphia Orchestra performing the Glorious Sound of Christmas – various shows from December 20-23 feature holiday favorites.
- Christmas Eve Mass at Old St Joes Church at 4th and Walnut – December 24, 9pm (Enter at 321 Willings Alley). Arrive earlier than 8:30pm to get a seat. Hear the organ prelude, guests from the Philadelphia Opera, and the Schola Cantorum singers.
With the Holidays here, our great city has events for people of all ages. I hope that you can attend some of these events and enjoy Philadelphia at this time of year, just as so many of us do!